Sunday, June 17, 2007

Blogs R Us

So, my wife just received two emails from friends in the space of a day that indicated they were starting blogs. She's been feeling guilty because it's been a year and a half since she's written in her journal, and she feels she needs an easier way to document the goings-on of our growing family. With three kids younger than 8, they each grow so fast and do so many wonderful things that we really do need a way to keep track of things. But her keeping a blog isn't enough; she had to drag me in, too! So, here I am. I'll be writing this blog (maybe) at least once a week, or whenever I have something to say.

A few things about me:
-- I love my family
-- I love my church
-- I love my job (space-related)
-- I love all things space
-- I love all things science fiction (with some notable exceptions)

The latter few points explain the name for this blog, so not only will I be recording the goings on of my family, I will also be expostulating about each of the above points in various ways. I will carry on about my family and the weird and crazy things that the children do, probably proclaim beautiful and poetic things about my wife, wax eloquent about the church I believe in, carry on about the Dilbert-esque things that happen at work, share some wonderful and amazing discoveries from space that show just how small we really are, and probably go on about books I've read and movies I've seen that have impressed me (for good or ill).

This whole thing may be of interest to you, or not. I don't really care what you think about all this -- I will commit to being honest and forthright and sharing what I really think. If you have something to say, feel free to post. Or if you simply are curious to see what kind of hairball thing is going through my brain, you're welcome to come back often. I can't promise anything regarding how frequently I will post, but I will do my best to make it interesting (to me).

In a way, this also does replace my journaling, which is intended to record my journeys ...

So now, let the journey begin ...

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.