Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Odyssey's In Safemode

You heard it here first, kids. -- written at 6/4/08 at 11:57 AM.

Okay, so I published too early. My project manager got a call from headquarters that wasn't happy the beans had been spilled before lots of other people had been notified and so I pulled this post down. Ah, well. I'll be a little more gun-shy next time, I guess.

Anyway, so my previous point (and the reason I wrote this in the first place), was not to advertise that Odyssey was in safemode, but rather to lament that PHX had pretty much been systematically gutting their plans to use MRO because of the uncertainty with our radio's behavior. At this time, the radio hasn't had an "incident" in over a week, which is pretty good, but I can understand their concern. The problem is that with Odyssey going into safemode, they aren't immediately ready to relay with MRO. It's going to take an awful lot of effort (I'm writing this at 9:55 at night, and will likely be here another hour or two) to get both projects talking to each other.

It was a little short-sighted, but what can you do? We (and they, being Phoenix) are learning. Unfortunately, I, personally, am bearing much of the burden here ... *sigh* I need a nap.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.