Friday, April 10, 2009

Oh, What Do You Do ...

... during the kids' spring break? Do you sleep until 9 am? Do you bicycle ride and read a good book and play on the Wii all day? Is that what you do? So do I ...

;)

Ah, I love vacationing at home. Now that the kids are older and I have a wife that can't sleep in even when she tries, she loves me enough to let me sleep in. I can't remember the last time I slept until 9, and yet I've done it both of the last two days! This may not sound really late to you, but bear in mind that I usually arise just after 5 am, so this is big. It won't happen the next two days, of course, but I'm happy with what I've had!

As for the bicycle ride yesterday, I ended up taking a hot bath last night to soothe my slightly weary legs, and this morning I found that I lost a pound and a half, despite eating a lot of high-calorie foods (Thai dishes for lunch and a very tasty ice cream bowl at night). Strange how a sudden burst of exercise can cause your metabolism to sky-rocket. I am so hungry right now ...

My wife has been doing a lot of shopping, too. She gets the most done whenever I'm home and can watch the kids. Taking the kids with her when she shops means that things take four times as long (four people = four times as long, by the way), so when she's on her own, she can be far more productive.

We did intend to do a bit of gardening and to go to the beach, but the weather hasn't been cooperative. It's been cool and threatening to rain (though it hasn't actually rained, yet **grr**), so those things don't seem too practical. Nevertheless, it's nice just to be home with the family.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

As for me, I can't wait for spring break to be over! It's been two-and-a-half weeks! (Was supposed to be two weeks, but we had two snow days right before it started). What am I going to do come summer?

Click here to see the full blog.