Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Friday

I'm burned out. I've been working every day for the last 6 days, and I'm pretty well done. I've committed to taking my boys camping tonight, which, for all intents and purposes, should be fun, but I'd rather just go home, lay down on the couch, and take a nap. But, I gotta be a good dad, so it's off to camping we will go.

When we leave, on the other hand, is another story. I'm waiting for a script to finish running, which should help us know when we have opportunities for MRO to talk with PHX a little easier, but it's messy and taking a long time. I made the mistake of coding it into "csh" instead of something faster, but it will take less time just to let it run than it would to rewrite it, and it must be done today.

When it is done, though, I'll be heading home ASAP -- even though I've got a meeting I'm supposed to attend.

As for how the radio is working on MRO -- there's been no change. We've had 16 successful sessions, with the 3 bad sessions that vex us. Currently, the Phoenix project has written us off as a viable relay asset (which is the right thing to do) until we get it figured out. The radio guys haven't got a solid theory, yet, as to why it's doing it, and we can't replicate the problem in our ground testbeds. They've got "fault trees" growing out their ears, and are down into the dirt of analysis. There will be daily meetings with the anomaly resolution team (which, thankfully, I'm not part of) until they get it straightened out.

As for me, I just have to keep things going -- being available to answer questions when they arise.

I need to go home ...

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.