Friday, April 23, 2010

Grumpy

Have you ever just felt ... grumpy? I do right now. A few hours ago, I sat in the dentist's chair being ignored for an hour and 20 minutes (I was alone -- no kids under foot -- and had a book in hand, so hey, why not ignore me?!), then came home to find out that my father is in the hospital with chest pain (likely a clot in his lungs, apparently). My kids are being obstinate and wanting to stay up late and I know I can't say no because it's a Friday night and we don't have any "real" plans tomorrow, and I just know that they'll be a real pain the neck because of lack of sleep. And on top of that (and it's totally stupid, I know), I just found out that the CD to my most favorite computer game ever is AWOL because one of my children misplaced it -- neither of the primary candidates recall doing so, but both give me blank stares and a guilty grin when I press them about it. Yeah, I'm a little grumpy.

I'm greatly blessed in my life, and I know it, but that doesn't mean I don't get grumpy spells. And I just yelled at my whole family which makes me grumpier still because of post-yelling guilt. So, I'm grumpy right now in the I-just-want-to-be-alone-don't-bug-me-and-don't-even-think-about-talking-to-me-to-try-to-make-me-feel-better-because-I-don't-want-to-feel-better-right-now-so-go-away kind of way.

They're all in the other room and I'm here at the computer. It's better this way. I'll be not-so-grumpy in a little bit. I just need a few minutes to chill out ...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I SO know how you feel. I have sent myself to timeout before, just to get away from the crazies in my family.

Unknown said...

I feel grumpy all the time! Good luck getting out of your bad mood!

Hope your dad feels better soon!

Click here to see the full blog.