Monday, September 24, 2007

Crazy Confession

I was watching "High School Musical" with the kids a week or so ago, and in it there's a scene where the various kids confess a secret liking, hobby, or talent to their friends. Their friends, clearly aghast, all join in singing an ode to "keeping the status quo." It's very funny.

So I got to thinking about what would be my secret confession. I spoke with my wife about it, and she immediately nailed the obvious one (to her) when I mentioned it to her (which I won't talk about right now), but I've got another one -- a really weird and wacky one. Okay, here goes:

I can sing Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone", and hit all the notes -- even the absurdly high one -- in falsetto. Yes, that's right, folks -- in falsetto!

It's a special talent I have. I can't deny it. It brings me great pleasure to be driving to work with the music cranked up loud and crooning the song in the privacy of my own car. It's only by the astonishing mercies of chance that a policeman hasn't pulled me over for disturbing the peace or for breaking (shattering!) noise ordinances.

It seems I can only do it in the morning, when my vocal cords are most relaxed, and I have to work into it, but when I get revved up and go for that note ... well, let's just say that it's truly a marvel to behold, even if I do say so myself.

Just don't ask me to do it for karaoke, because I'd probably hurt myself ...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

O.K. That is hilarious. Just imagining you singing that song cracks me up.

Click here to see the full blog.