Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rollercoaster Mania

The day after Thanksgiving, I had the chance to go to the local amusement park, Six Flags Magic Mountain, with my brother-in-law and his oldest son. As a forty-something male without much roller-coaster enthusiasm and a pre-teen with little roller-coaster experience, they weren't quite sure they could do/tolerate all the rides I was so anxious to get them on. Looking back at the day, though, I don't think I've ever had a more intense roller-coaster day in my entire life! The park was nearly empty so the lines were really short. Here's the run-down:

(Deja Vu was closed)
Riddler's Revenge - front row
Riddler's Revenge - middle row
Riddler's Revenge - front row
Batman - front row
Scream - front row
Scream - middle row
Scream - front row
Goliath - front row
Jet Stream (log flume ride)
Superman - back row
Tatsu - middle row
X - back row
(Viper was closed)
Revolution - back row
Tatsu again - back row
Ninja - middle row
Superman - front row
Goliath - middle row
Scream - back row
Scream - back row

We were at the park from about 11 am to 7:30 pm, taking about half an hour for lunch. So, assuming 8 hours in the park, we rode something about every 25 minutes. That's a remarkably high ride rate for any roller-coaster park, let alone Magic Mountain -- and let alone with a couple of guys who weren't so sure they could handle it. They left the park with smiles, though!

While riding Tatsu for the first time -- a truly remarkable roller-coaster that is my personal favorite -- my brother-in-law kept repeating "This is wrong! This is so wrong!" while he was riding. I was laughing so hard at him that I could barely breathe.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.