Thursday, December 4, 2008

Eye Pain

Yesterday I woke up with some severe pain in my right eye. It felt like there was a piece of dirt in it that I couldn't get out. My eye was blood shot and I found myself blinking constantly or keeping my eyes closed when I could. I had a lot of work to do, so actually got ready in the morning normally and headed out, but before I got to the freeway I realized I was driving with my eyes closed half the time, and it just wasn't safe to go any further. I turned around and came home and spent the balance of the day trying to stay out of bright light, blinking, and doing my best to keep the pain down. The weirdest part was that the eye wasn't dilating the same as my other eye, largely remaining closed up.

Mid-day, things seemed to be a lot better, but by the evening, it got worse again. Right before bed, I finally put on a warm compress on my eye, which seemed to sooth it a little, and I finally went to sleep.

This morning, I woke up with my eye slightly less red, and the pain is largely gone. I am now blinking a little more normally, but there was a bit of puss in the eye, and I still have great sensitivity to bright light. Right now my computer monitor is turned down to about half brightness, because it hurts to keep it brighter than that.

I'll be keeping warm compresses on my eye roughly hourly and trying to feel more normal. I just hope it continues to improve. Yesterday, I decided NOT to go to the doctor because I was feeling better, but in hindsight, I wish I would've gone. I don't have a name for what ails me, and now the ophthalmologist isn't available until Monday. That's life, though. Luckily, I have sick time available at work, and I'm finding myself needing it right now.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.