Sunday, December 7, 2008

Testimony Meeting and Tears

Today was fast and testimony meeting at church. It was a time for people to get up to the podium and share their feelings about Jesus Christ, among other things, and their love for God and other people. It was a very nice meeting, with many tears shed (mostly, but not exclusively) by the women.

At one point, in the middle of one particularly tearful testimony, my three-year-old turned to my wife and asked, "Why is everybody sad?"

It was a cute and touching moment. My wife answered, "They're so happy, they're crying."

Hmm. He seemed confused. I don't get it, either, kid.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I have to admit to being one of those who cry. And it's getting worse! I don't know if it is age or having had children. (I've gotten worse after each one.) All I can say is that when that happens, I literally feel like the spirit is overwhelming me and it has to come out somehow. I'm also a "sympathy crier". If you cry, I'll join you, even if I try not to! The poor Primary kids see my eyes leak more times than I'm sure they'd care to! I'm sure they all think, "There goes Sis. Brown again!!"

Unknown said...

Said by a true man. That's ok, just let them cry.

:)

Click here to see the full blog.