Tuesday, July 22, 2008

3-Year-Old Mimic and Virus Update

I was sitting in church on Sunday with my two boys -- my wife having stayed home with my sick daughter -- and was listening to the people who were speaking. My youngest was sitting next to me, restless, as usual, and playing quietly with his toy cars. Suddenly, I feel him sit up next to me and I look down at him and see him moving his legs really funny, crossing his ankles one way then the other. It took me a few seconds to figure out that he was trying to cross his legs like I had my legs crossed. It was quite funny.

Later, when it came time to sing, he joined in with me and my older son, even though he didn't know the words. That was all right with him, though, as he just made them up as he went along. They usually went something like, "I ... love ... Thomas ..." This was a little chant his sister had taught him earlier, and he had adapted it for singing in church. It was so funny I couldn't help but giggle at him.

Later, when one of the speakers was talking, he stopped, looked at me really soberly, and said, "Dad, I love Thomas, and Percy, and James, and Annabel ... and Toby!" If you are a parent with kids younger than 10, you probably know that these are trains from the "Thomas the Tank Engine" media/toy empire. He was just so cute when he said it, though, that I can forgive the clear and obvious brain-washing the kid has had.

Cute kid!



It took 6 hours to get my laptop fixed yesterday. Well, I think it's fixed. This morning another "trojan" showed up, but this time I think the anti-virus software got it. Most of the time yesterday was spent running a virus scan on the over 600,000 files on my computer, and turning up nothing. Luckily, I remembered the name of the virus, and the tech guy was able to come up with a specialized tool for removing that particular virus, and it worked fine. That one was called "vundo" and the one that showed up this morning is called "pandex". Crazy stuff. Hope this latest one really has been cleaned up!

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.