Monday, July 28, 2008

A Moment of Unexpected Gratitude

My three-year-old youngest son is still learning to speak clearly. Tonight I had my entire family in the car and we were driving down the road parallel to a train track. My youngest son absolutely loves trains, and he always yells excitedly, "Chain Twak! Chain Twak!"

Tonight, I corrected him and said, "It's ter-ain ter-ack, ter-ain ter-ack." I hoped that enunciating the "t" and "r" sounds together would help him pronounce it clearly. Much to my surprise, he attempted it a few times, then finally spoke it correctly! "Train track!"

Then, he surprised me even more and he said, "That's much better, Daddy. Thank you!" I was floored, pleased, proud, and filled with a whole pile of positive emotions. What a great kid! Imagine, a 3-year-old that is polite! I'm sure it won't last, but I'll take it while I can!

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.