Saturday, July 26, 2008

Man Shoots Lawnmower

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has felt like doing that! And really, why is this illegal? It's his lawnmower, and his house, and his gun is probably legal ...



Man shoots his lawn mower, police say

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- A 56-year-old Milwaukee man is accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start.

Keith Walendowski told police he felt he had a right to shoot his mower.

Keith Walendowski has been charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski says he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning.

He told police: "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She says he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I agree. A man should be able to shoot his lawnmower any time he wants. At least he wasn't shooting a person. If he gets punished for this, I'm moving to Canada! (Not really).

Click here to see the full blog.