Monday, January 26, 2009

On Ugly Girl Scouts

This morning I put out my daughter's paperwork for pre-selling Girl Scout cookies. There's a table in the common area where people put that kind of thing for fundraisers. I think technically we're not supposed to do it, but it's a neighborly thing to do, and it's not like I'm knocking on people's doors asking them to buy these cookies.

Nevertheless, my wife and I always thought it smart for us to put a picture of our daughter with the sign-up list. No joke, here's an exchange that I overheard while I was minding my own business in my cubicle:

"This isn't really fair," one fellow says.

"Why?" asks another.

"Because she's so cute. The cute kids I think probably sell a lot more. I mean, if you have an ugly kid, you're at a distinct disadvantage. Isn't that true?" says the first.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

I laughed so hard. I think she's absolutely adorable ... we'll see how that translates into cookie sales.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.