Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where Was I?

There's always those things that happen in life when people mark it on a calendar and remember "where was I when ...". Consider Pearl Harbor, the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the resignation of Richard Nixon, the Challenger Disaster, the falling of the Berlin Wall, and 9/11. Now we add a new one: the inauguration of President Barack H. Obama.

Where was I? I was at home, sick with a cold. While I tried to work from home, my mind just couldn't focus too well. However, because I was home, I was able, for the first time in my life, to watch the inauguration as it happened. It was quite a moving experience. I may not politically lean Democrat, and I voted for the other guy (as futile as that was), but even so, this is a great day in the history of our country. I am proud to be an American, and I pray that my new president will have the wisdom commensurate with his position.

Now if I could just get rid of this cough ...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Amen.

Megan said...

I think it was a very exciting day. I voted for the other guy too, but I think Obama is a good man and has a desire to change things....anyway, I won't go into politics, but I enjoyed being a part of it.

Click here to see the full blog.