Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Few Random Thoughts

I haven't posted much lately. Last week being what it was, I posted "privately" and held on to them for a while until I decided to publish them (1 and 2) now. Then this week, I've been back at work full-time again and every evening we've had something to do, so I haven't really had much time. Monday my oldest had basketball practice, Tuesday my oldest had scouts, last night I had a meeting at church to attend (Ward Conference Stewardship Meeting with out stake presidency ...), and tonight my wife will be at work and I have a lot of phone calls to make. Tomorrow morning I'll be presenting in my oldest son's classroom about ... something space related, haven't decided what, yet; and we will have the missionaries over for a dinner appointment.

Regarding my "private" posts, I did put up the first one and immediately got a comment on it that I should write this stuff in a journal and keep it private. I have two things to say to that: 1) This is my journal now, and 2) Why must we suffer in silence? Just because it was my wife who miscarried, do I as the husband not have my own feelings to express and have need for comfort? Ridiculous. So, the posts are up.

This week, I have been spending a bit of time at my other blog. I've been working a little on the new FamilySearch website and am delighted that I've actually been able to find some ordinances that need to be done! This is really big for me, since I've been an amateur genealogist for a few years now and have never been able to find any temple work that needed to be done. This new system is truly remarkable. The distance between the initial research and the temple work is so short now, that it is much more satisfying.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.