Monday, February 25, 2008

The New Wii

My wife called me today and told me she got a Wii. Not the one that she has on order, but a different one from the store. On the way home from work (from which I left 3 hours early), I stopped at the same store, and picked up another one! So, we have two Wiis in our house, and one in the mail. My wife has already put up one of them on ebay, which we expect to sell for nearly $75 more than what we paid for it. It should be a good profit-maker for the two extra machines we have.

I spent about 45 minutes setting it up, both the hardware and the internal settings, and then about 15 minutes creating my "Mii". It's a little obnoxious, but the kids thought it was hilarious when I gave my character makeup and long hair. Afterwards, my wife and the kids spent another 45 minutes setting up their characters -- so nearly two hours had elapsed before we actually played anything.

Now we are bowling (the kids are already bored) as a family, just 'cause it's something we can play together. My wife already has on order a game with a second controller and it should be interesting to see how things go after that. Needless to say, it's going to be nonstop Wii the next few days -- my kids heads are probably going to explode ...

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.