Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Fuzzy Line Between Being Practical and Being Romantic

This is something I stumbled upon today. "J" is the husband, "L" is the wife, "Julia" is their daughter.

J: What are you reading about?

L: Ida and Isidor Straus. They were an amazing couple! Instead of getting into the lifeboat, she decided to die with her husband on the Titanic. Of course, if Julia were grown, I'd do the same for you.

J: What do you mean?

L: What do you mean, what do I mean?

J: You're not getting in the lifeboat?

L: No, I love you too much to let you drown all by yourself.

J: But I won't be by myself -- I think they were playing poker and getting drunk.

L: So you're saying that you'd rather play poker with John Jacob Astor than cuddle with me?

J: That's not what I'd be doing, because if you're not getting your a-- into that lifeboat, then I am. We are not leaving an empty seat.

L: Oh, you're getting into that boat over my dead body.

J: Where the he-- is the Tylenol?

L: Try the bathroom ... you know, the place with the ocean blue toilet water.

J: You mean like the ocean you want both of us to sink to the bottom of?


Where is the line drawn between being practical and being romantic? I'm with "J" on this one.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.