Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Funny (Embarrassing) Moment

Okay, so this afternoon I experienced an embarrassing moment. It wasn't one of my own embarrassing moments, but one of somebody I hardly know. I was at my daughter's gymnastics practice with my youngest son, and he was playing with another three-year-old. The little boy (not my son) was talking incessantly and his mother came over several times to tell me that if he was bothering me then I should tell her and she'll move him away. Honestly, he wasn't a bother, as my son was happily playing and sharing with him. We were, in fact, having funny little conversations, and I was amused.

Well, the third time this little boy's mother came over and finished telling me that I could ask her to take him away if he was bothering me, her little boy decided at that very moment to announce to me that, "My daddy has a big wee wee!" My jaw dropped, her face flushed, and it was all I could do to keep from laughing.

She immediately gathered him up, clearly unhappy and mortified by the situation, and took him away to lecture him about things that are inappropriate to talk about. I just looked at her with a big smile and said, "You know, this is one of those times when you just think, 'I'm glad my kid didn't say that.'"

She made her retreat, while I barely suppressed my snicker. Honestly, I wasn't remotely offended, and would've given him the very same lecture she no doubt gave him in much sterner words about keeping private things private. It was hilarious.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.