Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Birthday

It was my birthday yesterday, and it was a really nice day. I took the day off as a "personal holiday" and "slept in" (all the way to 6:45!). My wife put together a nice breakfast with French toast (one of my favorite breakfast foods) and we puttered around the house all morning. We eventually got ready to go to the temple for our temple sealing assignment. Leaving the kids with a babysitter, we headed out the door and were gone nearly all afternoon. Upon arriving home, I took our oldest to karate lessons and then we had a very nice dinner (tapalia fish with a mango sauce as the main dish) followed by a very pleasant chocolate birthday cake. My wife had to go to teach the cub scouts tonight, so she took our oldest and left in the evening. I stayed home and put the two younger kids to bed and upon my wife arriving home, we pretty much just folded laundry, talked, and watched an episode of Stargate. All in all, it was a great day!

For my birthday, my parents gave me two books: "The History of Tooele County", volumes 1 and 2; I've been asking for these books to look through them to satisfy my family history cravings and they gave them to me! They (the books, and my parents) are a true treasure. My in-laws gave me a gift certificate at Amazon.com, which I haven't decided what to do with, yet. My oldest son made me a decorated tin-can to put on my work desk to store pens (how thoughtful!), and my daughter made me a paper rocket, also to go on my desk (how, um, useful!). My wife gave me new white shoes for the temple, a blue-tooth ear piece to go with my cellphone, and, the kicker, an old Gamecube game to play on our Wii called Robotech: Battlecry. Simply put, it rocks (and I suck).

It was a normal, hanging-with-my-family, sort of day. And I loved it!

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.