Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some of My Favorite Songs

I was on the way to work today when a song came on the radio that I absolutely love. It's a somewhat silly song that's somewhat old, but I got to thinking that I could listen to it pretty much any time, over and over again. I don't own the CD, I don't know all the words, but I just love how it sounds. I got thinking about what other songs are kind of like this, and I came up with this list (and, yes, I know some of these have not-so-nice lyrics, but that's not the point here):

-- "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo
-- "Lullaby" by The Cure
-- "Major Tom" by Peter Schilling (not the one by David Bowie)
-- "Fortress Around Your Heart" by Sting
-- "Into the Ocean" by Blue October
-- "It's the End of the World as we Know It" by REM
-- "Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling
-- "Walk On The Ocean" by Toad the Wet Sprocket

There's a whole pile more, but these ones came to me this morning. Lots of fun!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ah, a child of the much maligned eighties, I see. I, too, like many of the songs you have listed, and hundreds more from that decade. I would love to get the Time Life compendium of 80s songs! How about "Tainted Love" by Naked Eyes, and "Always Something There to Remind Me." I don't know who does that one. So many more I could mention....

Click here to see the full blog.