Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Broken Finger X-Ray at Break + 3 Weeks

I went to get my broken finger X-rayed today again prior to my appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. I am quite dismayed, because the new X-ray doesn't obviously show any improvement over the last one -- to my untrained eye, it looks practically identical.

This greatly concerns me. I can't fully straighten the last joint, and I can't bend each joint beyond about 10 degrees. I have no idea if this is normal, or if I have some kind of damage to the inner workings of my finger. Aside from the bruising clearing up, I haven't been able to discern any improvement in the functionality of the finger.

Then to see the X-ray where the break is just as visible as ever (there doesn't appear to be any more mass in the middle, as I expected) and the jagged edges right where they were before just makes me more concerned.

The wait 'til my appointment with the surgeon tomorrow is going to be really long.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.