Monday, December 10, 2007

Credit Cards Paying Me?!

A few years ago I took my wife and we went to London. It was a great trip, but we were never able to make heads or tails out of how much it actually cost us. We figured we were within a certain percentage and so didn't panic. I never felt quite right about all the uncertainty, but just let it go.

But then we got some official-looking letters in the mail that said that we were the beneficiaries of a class-action lawsuit. Turns out that Visa, Mastercard, and Diners Club were playing games with their currency-conversion charges, got caught, and now have to provide a refund! I could go back and calculate how much they owe me, but it'll be much easier just to take the flat refund of $25. Since both my wife and I got a letter, we'll return both and maybe we'll get $50 out of it.

Being skeptical about this, I looked it up in snopes.com and sure enough, this is on the level. Huh, go figure -- the credit card company is paying me! I'm going to enjoy this feeling until I get my next bill ...

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.