Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nothing Else To Do

It's quarter to eight, and I'm at work. Still. I have been all day, since quarter to eight this morning. We're in the middle of a big training exercise and I'm the lead for my project. And I'm in limbo. Stuck between two hectic activities -- one that ended two hours ago and one that won't occur for another four hours. Some would say that I should just go home, but going home would mean driving two more hours today and the second trip back to work would require driving late at night -- twice. No, I'm just going to stay right here. Maybe I'll watch TV. Maybe I'll read the news -- no, already did that. Maybe I'll blog -- no, already doing that. Hmmm ... what to do. What do you do when you're in limbo? For me, it happens so rarely that I'm at a loss. I've got a short list of things I want to do, but they usually require more time or focus than I think I can muster right now. I also have a long list of things I need to do for work that I could use my time to work on. *sigh* Guess I'll do that ... I've got nothing else to do.

No comments:

Click here to see the full blog.