Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Twilight Meets Harry Potter

I haven't read the book, but I know all the women in the world (it seems) is gaga over the Twilight books. So it is with trepidation that I publicize that the teenage heart-throb from Harry Potter will be headlining the film. Read on:

Potter's Pattinson Joins "Twilight"

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) - Robert Pattinson, who played Cedric Diggory in several of the Harry Potter movies, has been cast in Summit Entertainment's teen-vampire thriller Twilight. The actor will play Edward, a teenaged vampire who falls for a non-vampire high school classmate (Kristen Stewart). Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen) is directing from a script by Melissa Rosenberg (Step Up) based on Stephanie Meyer's young-adult novel. Meyer also wrote two sequels and Summit hopes to turn Twilight into a franchise. Pattinson has also been cast as Salvador Dali in the upcoming Little Ashes, APT Films' project about Spanish writers, artists, and filmmakers in the 1920s.


They just guaranteed a huge box-office return ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I don't know how I feel about that.

:)

Megan said...

Huh. I looked at some pics online of him and I can see an Edward resemblance. But he wouldn't have been my first pick.

For sure to be a hit though.

Click here to see the full blog.